Bun B’s Trill Burgers is partnering with Pepsi’s Dig In initiative which aims to celebrate Black-owned restaurants and drive national awareness to the next generation of Black restaurant industry leaders.
The renowned rapper and entrepreneur’s burger brand will have a restaurant residency in Las Vegas MGM Resorts and be featured at Mandalay Bay’s Libertine Social and Luxor’s Public House.
The initiative helps black owned food brands scale their businesses by providing access to a variety of resources, mentorship and training made possible by PepsiCo. Launched in 2020, PepsiCo dedicated $50 million to support Black-owned businesses over five years and is a part of its larger commitment of over $400 million towards advancing racial equality.
“This is an amazing opportunity and I’m not sure if something like that would’ve been afforded to me had Pepsi not created this kind of a program” said Bun B in a recent interview with VIBE.
The collaboration between Pepsi Dig In and MGM Resorts International was fostered by a shared commitment to build an inclusive and diverse culture for employees, guests, community partners and stakeholders.
“MGM Resorts is committed to creating pathways that amplify the voices of African Americans and other diverse groups in our community and around the world,” said MGM Resorts Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tony Gladney. “The Pepsi Dig In initiative combined with our company’s renowned culinary program provides the ideal platform to continue leading with a purpose. By creating exceptional guest experiences with this initiative we also provide opportunity for talented Black-owned restaurants to shine on a worldwide stage. We can’t wait to welcome the chef teams to our MGM family and for Las Vegas fans and foodies to get a taste of their creativity and passion.”
The Restaurant Royalty Residency featured at Mandalay Bay’s Libertine Social and Luxor’s Public House will showcase culinary gems from across the country including:
- FIELDTRIP (New York, NY), Chef and Founder JJ Johnson – Oct. 9 to Nov.5, 2022
- Trill Burgers (Houston, TX), Founder Bun B – Nov. 6 to Dec. 3, 2022
- Slim and Husky’s (Nashville, TN), Co-Founders Clint Gray, Derrick Moore, and EJ Reed – Dec. 4 to Dec. 31, 2022
- FoodChasers’ Kitchen (Elkins Park, PA), Owners and Chefs, Maya and Kala Johnstone – Jan. 1 to Jan. 28, 2023
- Trap Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA), Owners and Chefs Malachi “Spank” Jenkins, Roberto “News” Smith and Eddie “Mikey” Bynum – Jan. 29 to Feb. 25, 2023
No comment yet, add your voice below!